Saturday, February 12, 2005

Tokyo Tower



My visit to Tokyo Tower was a short and brief one. Since we are in a hurry to meet up some friends in Shibuya*渋谷 later, 聰明さん and i don't even have time to go up to the tower. Hundreds of people, young and old, is in the queue. Why not, it's Saturday.



After few shots on the tower, we are on our way again. Picture above, was taken from pedestrian bridge, near the tower.



Other interesting place to visit in the vicinity, is temple - - Zojoji*増上寺. One thing that draws me into this tempe is the endless numbers of Jizou bosatsu*地蔵菩薩, guardian of dead children, who born as ghosts.



Not forgetting these wooden praying cards, i have seen lots of them in japanese comic books, but never this close, this real. Some people write funny stuff, some offers their best wishes for love, health, money, kid and, good result of their examination!



On our way back to subway station, i've spotted this homeless guy. Just like any other metropolis cities in the world, Japan have it's own problem. Some 50,000 homeless is just one of them.



By the time we arrived at Shinjuku*新宿, it's alraedy late afternoon. It's pity that 聰明さん have to do all the walking with me, haha! I will be on my own from now on, till day afer tomorrow, since i have workcamps and he, have some private matter to attend. Arubaito*あるばいと, partime job, and meeting up with koibito*恋人? Haha!!!

Tonight we will meet other friends from NICE-Japan, have some discussion on our workcamps tomorrow. And since i am here, the theme for the workcamps - - Maresia*マレシア !!! But how to introduce Malaysia to some japanese kids? We will find out tomorrow!

After a brief introduction, we finally settle down in National Olympic Memorial Youth center. All my japanese friends were surprise because i can speak a little japanese. But my japanese classes back in university did not prepare me for a fluent conversation.

We may all seems shy a first, mainly because even them, don't know much about Malaysia, let alone Chinese Malaysian. But things change after this "crazy party", japanese-style!

I remember they did asked my carefully: Do you drink alcohol? i just grab a cup of 焼酒 and finish it :) Kanpai*乾杯!!!


From Left: 健二、Aochan、Ezo、Ino、So-san、昌樹 and 羽子田.

2 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew Malaysia, and was interested. I want to visit Malaysia some time. And, I want to know a lot more! At that time, please guide various places going sightseeing. And, please let me drink alcohol in Malaysia. :)

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger @ロウ 。LOW@ said...

羽子田-san: You are always welcome to Malaysia!!! Come and i will show you around...no problems :p And don't worry, you can drink alcohol here, my friend! Haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home