Saturday, July 09, 2005

Padang Rengas*硝山



Where you're from?

Usually i would say Ipoh, or Kuala Kangsar, depends on who's throwing me the question.

But for some, i would say Padang Rengas*硝山 - - That's the real, correct answer! :)

A small town in the state of Perak, located in between the Royal town of Kuala Kangsar and Taiping, home to famous Maxwell hill.

This mountain above, is what those old folks like to called "elephant hill", typical landmark of this small town. You will probably notice it, together with a cement factory, if you are driving up north - - some 15km after Kuala Kangsar exit.

I went back, after some 4 months of absence - - together with my camera, hoping to snap some nice photos and share it here :)

Bit by bit i will tell the story...

Or perhaps there are someone out there who can help me??? (^_^)

5 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say that Padang Rangas is a good place for me.....to hide my emotional and pysical failures. And there was a starting point of my life....

Part of my friends get shock after knowing that i'm from this little town. They couldn't imaging that what can i do during my teenager time. Internet surfing? ICQ? any place like Sunway for skiing? hahha...sometime i have doubt that am i really a "Padang Rengas-lang". Basically, i "quit" Padang Rengas after my primaly schooling, to further my study in Kuala Kangsar.

Opss...it seems like i'm writting my blog here...:) Good job,Kok! I really appreaciate your effort to make to recall my memories of childhood....

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger @ロウ 。LOW@ said...

Hey Christine, thanks for the comments!

Well, certainly a good hiding place - - but from the hustle and bustle :)

You can't really quit this place, someone's there waiting for you, at least for the next 10, 20 years? Life starts and ends at the same point, huh? :)

I don't mind if you talks a lot here, just keep the secrets, haha...

Take care and see you around ok!

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must complement your good sense and angle of photography which tends to give life and new perspective to ordinary things. Keep up the good work - sleeping hollows like Padang Rengas becomes sleeping beauties with their unique tranquility and freshness. thanks for sharing. Your SCI Friend

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger @ロウ 。LOW@ said...

Dear anonymous...
Well maybe i'm not as good, but thanks!

No matter how ordinary, every place will be special place for someone, perhaps? :)

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger anna said...

I just found your blog as I missed my hometown so much but having a pile of work with a tight deadline. That hill, in Malays, called Gunung Pondok or translated in English as Cottage Mountain. I'm not sure whether it may call hill or mountain but my childhood memories, back in the 1980s, the mountain/hill was huge and high. I can see the view of the mountain/hill from the back of my parents' house. Those days, the weather is very cool, fresh, and such beautiful greenery scenery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home