Saturday, August 13, 2005

Happy Left-Handers Day



Ok, dessert time, i need to help my mum to get some fruits on the table.

Imagine me, holding this single-edged peeler, with me LEFT hand. I actually peel the apple towards me, not away from me! I could have bought a double-sided peeler- guess i am getting used to it :)

So does the 4 years in university, sitting in chair, with writing board - - on the right side.

Or haivng difficulties using some scissors.

Do you know what happend if your badminton partner are using right-hand while you keep swinging on your left?

And how about having dinner in a round table, chinese-style, with someone sitting on your left, holding chopsticks with his right hand?

Oh don't get me wrong, i am not complaining:) Rather, it's a bit fun, since i am able to see the world from different "hand", haha!

Look on the bright side, i can always fool my opponents when they thought i will dash on their left side, with basketball on my right hand - - which i didn't! But as long as they found out i am a left-hander, i can do fade-away-jumper - - Players can go along, adapt with left-handers relatively well, hope the others, will too, someday :)

Pity my mum, she used to teach me using my right hand ever since i was kid. She would make sure i am holding the pencil with my righ hand, before going into the kitchen again, and came out - - it's on my left again! I can't remember that, really, when she told me the story years later.

But as far as i can remember, my dad doesn't give damn, when he taught me how to spell Monday to Friday, 12 months in a year kinda things - - but he makes sure the rotan cane is on his right hand! Powerful one, huh!!!

Above all that, Happy Left-Hander's Day!

Left-handers or not (^_^)

6 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Blogger kk said...

my office here got a boy is left hander too...but his writing is not as good as yours...wahahaha

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger @ロウ 。LOW@ said...

kk...well, he might be good at something else, hehe!

superman...i am not superman, haha! :p Yuroshiku Onegaishimasu!

 
At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I grew up in a family of rightys. I felt weird. I couldn't cut things out in kindergarten. No one told me it was the scissors fault until I was in high school.
I solved the problem in my home anyway. I married a lefty and had two left handed daughters. Now all the scissors and even the computer mouse are left handed.
Happy Happy Left handers day.Aren't we grand!!!! I did not know there was such a day.
Donna in Florida, USA

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger @ロウ 。LOW@ said...

Thanks for the interesting story, Donna! It must be really amazing to see your family having dinner - - everyone with chopsticks on their left hand! :) Erm, maybe i should start finding my own "lefty-powered-house" too, haha!

I guess some of us here "evolved" differently in a less "lefty-friendly" environment - - like i still "mouse" right! :p Guess more focus should be on people with disablity rather than lefty, no? :p

Now that we know we are special, not weird, after all! Happy Happy Left Handers Day indeed!

 
At 1:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

left handed scissors? Cool! I haven't seen any of those actually. Guess i must have been living in a well all these well.

I grew up being a conformist i suppose, i try to use my right hand as much as i can, though i've a left hander.

I've learnt to use chopsticks with right hand, and surprisingly i can't hold them with my left.

I do sports in general with my left, but I play bowling with my right. You can call me the "confusing left hander"

Too bad i can't use my right hand like Low does when playing basketball.. But I can anticipate attack moves by right/left handers pretty well ;)

Btw, most ppl who get killed during war time were left handers, cause they used guns designed for right handers.

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger @ロウ 。LOW@ said...

SY my friend! So you do both hand, you smart crazy guy! :p

Anticipate my movement direction if you can, just make sure you move as fast, hehe...

Regarding the war thingy, maybe you can read this artical. They thought lefties dies sooner, but it must the stupid gun design, haha!

So sure you bought a proper gun if you want to rob a bank, bor! Hehe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home