Sunday, July 31, 2005

Along came Jochen

I thought it was just another weeekly routine.

But this time i waited 2 hours but my group never show their faces. Frustrated, i nearly walk off just when Jochen and 2 of his friends walked in.

Going to the canopy? First time in FRIM? Germany? From Ulm? Oh what a coincidence! Felt like seeing an old friend, hopefully i will have 2 or more friends from Ulm later :p

Since i still have to wait for my groups, I only managed to walk them to the pond, say hi to Arapaima, step on the railway sleepers and stop at the giant bamboo.

I really hope that eventually they found the Simpoh Gajah - tree whose stilt roots resemble the shape of an elephant's trunk.

The Merbau tree, on their right side if they sat on the bench to enjoy the panoramic view of the Tropical Rain Forest.

The Kapur tree, with their majestic crown shyness.

Of course - - enjoying the greenery surrounding along the trails, tree-top view at the canopy bridge and the small stream on their way back down.

Back in the office, i waited for another hour before i finally gave up. As i am writing this blog the "guy" rang me up, saying that they've never confirmed anything with the office's staff.

Well, just not my day, i guess? :p

But i hope my friends from Ulm enjoyed themselves! I still felt a bit sorry since i couldn't get the name of the other two friends of his in time...so now, Darf ich? :)

Schoen dich zu sehen, Jochen and friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home