Saturday, October 22, 2005

香港@Hong Kong Night View

香港@Hong Kong, it's beautiful by her name.

香@Xiang, pleasant aroma, as 港@gang, for harbour. You'll know exactly what it means if you've seen the famous night view of Victoria Harbour from a mountain peak...


And Hong Kong, or Hong Kong, China (after year 1997) pretty much grow up with many of us (mainly and largely, Malaysian-Chinese:p). I'm not sure if it's He-man or She-ra first, but as far as i can remember, the Hongkee's famous movies, dramas, songs and many more had been and still entertain us in a way, like bedtime story book.

Back then, kids may not even heard about Kuching in Sarawak State, but they probably can name few streets in HK like 旺角@Wong Kok, 尖沙咀@Jim Sa Zui, etc. They don't know who is P.Ramlee, but they can tell you that 刘德华@Andy Lau changed his hair style last week. I first started to play Black-Jack because of the movie Saint of the Gamblers, not because i've been to Genting Highland! And we joked in Stephen-Chow's way, wish to fight like 成龙@Jackie-Chan, similar effect to Arnold's "I'll be back!"

While HK is mainly 广东@Cantonise speaking country (hence, most of their product are in Cantonise), it didn't stop other Chinese from diffrent dialects from being HK drama fans. The main dialects in Peninsula Malaysia are mainly 福建@Hokkien (north & south) and 广东@Cantonise (Central), plus many others like 客家@Hakka, 海南@Hainan (Yup, that's me, Hainanese!), 广西@GuangXi, 福州@FuZhou, etc. And 中文@华语@Mandarine, is the only language being taught in all Chinese school and hence, main language for all Chinese.

Oh, i suppose to express my gratitute and appreciation to my friend, Cai Yan, who sent me this postcard all the way from HK. I am, again, fortunate enough to catch up with her just days before she left for HK. All the troubles to do so, during her short stay and busy schedule in HK, i will always remembered.

Just like i'll always remember her beautiful name, 彩雁@Cai Yan.

彩@Cai, colourful, 雁@Yan, can be the like of Heron and Egrets. I'll see her as a person with strong determination, commitment and positive attitude towards achieving something in her life. She will be a good lawyer, for sure. (Well, maybe there is a time when she can save me, haha!)

The same determination that beautiful Heron possess, during their never ending seasonal movements around the globe.

11 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Blogger Pandabonium said...

Beautiful card and I like the stamp which includes paddlers who have come to Hawaii, Australia and other places.

I've had friends who have lived in Hong Kong at various times and I've wanted to visit there for the last 20 years. So many destinations, so little airfare in my pocket! eh, LOW?

Good luck to Cai Yan and her pursuit of her career. May she never forget her roots or her friends.

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger @ロウ 。LOW@ said...

Stamp, is one thing. The post office stamp, like this one here - - Reducing Natural Disasters, Safer Living with sun and clouds - - Is another collectable item for me :)

Maybe you are too busy at the moment, i mean 20 years? :p I guess you'll have more time once you've settle down in Fiji, no? :)

Often, it's only airfare that we need to beat, hopefully, we'll have friendly and helpful friends in the other side of the world :p

Thanks for the wishes, i guess she will be the last to forget friends, let alone roots! :)

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger YD said...

I still remember the time I looked down from the Victoria Peak during dusk. It was just marvellous. With the building lights glistering against the backdrop of colourful clouds, the night view of Hong Kong gives more than what can be said.

Hehe... Stephen Chow has really given a deep impact among our youths. His twist of humour alwys catches the heart of the audience, and until now many can still sing the songs in 'Tong Pak Hu' (or 'Tang Bo Hu'). :-P

Best wishes to Cai Yan too. (Her name reminds me of someone in Wu3 Xia2 novels, can't remember who)

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Lrong Lim said...

Beautiful scenery from up there... so romantic too...

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Pandabonium said...

LOW,

20 years, yes. Time flies when you are running a business and raising a family. Enjoy your travels while you are young. You have only one airfare to worry about now. If you decide to marry and have a family the cost, timing of schedules, and agreement on where to go makes going anywhere far more complex.

Not complaining, just explaining. I've done a fair share of travelling, and my experience in raising two daughters see them become two very wonderful adults is priceless. We can't do it all in life, and one decision affects the next and on down the line, so make your choices carefully my young friend.

Hong Kong at night rivals any city for beauty. I look forward to the time when I do get there to see it in person.

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger S said...

i'm getting to learn about so many different places from your blog! (and don't hope to need a lawyer in the future!!! i'm a lawyer too, and i never wish for any of my friends to need one EVER!)

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger @ロウ 。LOW@ said...

yd...

So who's that lucky handsome guy to share that night view with you? Hehe!

Stephen Chow...another famous song is on the "Xiu Kai Yik" a.k.a. chicken wing! He started all the madness, still spreading...

Thanks for the wishes, yeah her name is nice, special one like those in the book as you said :)

Lrong...

I think your garden is romantic too, haha! And you'll have wonderful panoramic view every time you cycle down those hills, on your way to work, no? :)

Pandabonium...

I'm listening, Sensei :)

Well, I'm pretty much at a stage of planning on something or nothing at all, depends on how you see it. In short, we live in same earth, different world! But again, if it's our choice, we'll have to live with it, right? (Hopefully :p)

I have fair share of what your are talking about, it's happening around me now, funny, odd, but true! My friend shared with me the you-your son's-age theory, pretty scary.

I'll have a deep thought, i guess. Regardless, Fiji is on the list, hehe!

Wish you have a nice trip (HK) in advance then!

s...

I am learning, too:p More stories if i receive more postcard from more funny-funny people then, hehe!

Hey, you have to show us the REAL world - - LAW and order!!! ^_^

Wish to see you, be er, not consult you :)

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger YD said...

gosh Low! that's exactly the famous song that has been so widespread! "Xiu Kai Yik"!! i was thinking whether to explicitly writing it out for fear that nobody actually understands what i m blabbering about.. haha it seems the opposite way round! Go stephen chow! hehehe...

too bad during my trip on victoria peak, there's no prince by my side... sob sob. actually if i were to choose a scene to share with a person i like, i would choose sunrise on mountain top instead. hehe... (sudden thought: Moutain Alisan in Taiwan) :-P

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger @ロウ 。LOW@ said...

There's always someone around, DD. We are from the same "factory", huh? :)

Sure enough, you'll keep blabbering, blabbering and hit with sudden thought, start blabbering again, and...well, i'll just listen then :)

Sunrise on mountain top is HERE, interested? :p

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger The Moody Minstrel said...

I have yet to visit Hong Kong, but I was lucky to get to spend a week in Taiwan with my college band. I have a lot of wonderful memories of that trip. The more wonderful people I "meet" from around the world, the more wonderful places I have to add to my "to go" list.

As it is, I'm wearing the manacles that Pandabonium is just now starting to slip off...but I have no regrets whatsoever! (Sometimes manacles can be fun.)

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger @ロウ 。LOW@ said...

I see Pandabonium going back to another manacles, just that we don't think so, or nobody at all.

There goes your manacles, and everyone's :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home