Tuesday, October 18, 2005

London 2012

As usual, my letter box was in a mess when i check them out yesterday. Again, all thanks to those advertisement trash. I guess most of them are trying to sell new apartments, condominiums, linked-house, bungalows or even shop-cum-office lots. Helpful shark-loan's contacts, local new retail shops, etc. makes up the rest.

That's exactly what's happening now in our city now : Endless road works, civil works and most of all, building works. Quite similar to my letter box now, as my Japanese friend would say : mecha kucha - - Messy!!!

I am about to throw the whole mess to the nearest dusbin when i saw the monthly electricity bill. Phew! But then it was this...


Wow! Greetings from London!

YD's postcard comes in just in time, as i was getting really frustrated with the daily "spams". This will certainly cheer me up a lot! One thing that i really like is the way my name was written : Guo Zhang, LOW. As most of my readers know me as LOW, which is my surname, Guo Zhang is my last name in Chinese-Mandarine. Joshua is an unofficial name used by some of my Chistian friends, also depends on which group of friends. I don't want to surprise some of my old friends with different name each time we met, since it's always same old me.

Sounds confusing? Forget about everything, just remember this : Don't mix my SURNAME with my UNOFFICIAL name, it's not proper. I mean, when it sounds something like J'Lo...Damn! :p

But YD, you're the first "our-kind" to write my Chinese-Mandarine name, not using chinese character! You're the girl :) And thank you so much for the wonderful gift from far far away, especially when you mentioned this is the first of many others, how nice! Would definitely loved to visit you if i can! But at the moment I'll send few more interesting postcards to you too, so that you can share with your foreign friends.

Now, postcard can tell thousand stories :p

Of course, I'll get my letter box clean all the time, carefully, from now on. The electricity bill can't save my a** all the time, right? :)

8 Comments:

At 6:15 AM, Blogger YD said...

Hey Low, you are most welcome for the postcard. I am glad that you like it. and thanks for putting up such a pretty post too!

Well, about the name, I guess that your name is based on the han yu ping yin, rite? Let me have a try, Guo= 国, Zhang=章? Let me know the what's my score ya.*^_^*

Well, since my name is based on han yu ping yin as well, you might wanna have a guess, it's quite hard. hehe.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Pandabonium said...

Nice post card of Parliament and Big Ben, YD. I wonder how long they waited for such lovely weather to snap that photo.

Thanks for explanation of your name too, Low, but I'm confused. Surname means last name. First name is "given name". So if I don't chose to call you Joshua as your first (given) name, what should I use? "Hey you"?

As for me, on the blogs, I'm just Pandabonium.

What ever we go by, warm regards my new found friends.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger S said...

J.Low haha that was funny...

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger @ロウ 。LOW@ said...

Dear YD...pretty post for pretty girl, erm, i mean postcard, hehe...

As for my name, you get 100%! Smart girl, or it's just too obvious? :p

Your name is quite hard to guess, it match too many characters. But i'll still get 100% score, well, when your next postcard is with me, hehe...(Eh, maybe you've received my postcard before this post, i signed my Chinese name there what, hehe...)

Pandabonium...actually, i am about to ask, why Pandabonium? :p

Yeap, more than skills, sometime photograph means be there and then, push the shutter button!

Confused? Put it this way, Chinese don't have so-called first name, all we have is surname (from father, hence, inherit by son and their children) and given name. So it's Joshua Low, never Joshua-Guo Zhang.

And yes, what ever we go by, friend. That's the whole point :)

Dear s...i'll find some funny name of yours sometime, hehe...not fair to laugh alone!!! :p

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger YD said...

haha i actually got it correct? wow! i m impressed by myself! muahahaha....

haven't got your postcard... looking forward to it! n you'll see it on my blog then, hehe...

yup i m quite intrigued too... why pandabonium? :-)

(hehe, by the way, the nearest word in dictionary.com is pandemonium, how different from your nature. kekeke..

btw, a good weather in London would be like this
. I hope it's like this everyday!

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Pandabonium said...

yd,

Ah, you are on the right track with pandemonium - chaos.

My name is one I made up a few years ago. Panda is someone's pet name for me and my "picture" shows me holding a trom-'bone'. When this panda plays trombone, it is "pandabonium"! Orignally I was going to use the name for a trombone trio. An artist friend of mine drew my picture for use as a logo.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger S said...

Low, sorry didn't mean to laugh at your name - was amused/impressed by your "punning" skills (Which, btw i think are fantastic!!!) but i'll definitely change my user ID in my blog if you can think of a funny name for me!! :)

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger @ロウ 。LOW@ said...

YD...

Impressed by yourself? Good to hear that, haha! The second one is on the way as well, just keep your mail box checked :)

I'll be really glad if you can take more photos and share with us, i like your "style", too :p

Finally Pandabonium tells us WHY. Good story there, my friend.

Thanks and no thanks, since both YD and me get worried for some time by guessing "why pandemonium", hehe...

Dear s!!!

I laugh at myself first, so there is no need to say sorry :p

s is just fine, part fact, part fiction, right? You will be my single-eyed mystery girl :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home