Thursday, March 16, 2006

Connections


Well, it’s been a while since I last make any noise here. For me March is definitely a good month, and as good as it sounds: Sang, the number “3” in cantonise actually sounds like “being alive”. It’s a good number for Chinese anyway, regardless their dialects, background and car that they drove. I can’t say that being busy is something bad, but sometime busy life keeps you thinking: What is the meaning of all these?


You hit the road early in the morning, caught in the jam. Probably forced to have breakfast in the car, beats few yellow lights tying to be in the office before your bosses does. Your phone on the table ringing frantically, everyone is trying to get their job done, by you, through you, inside and outside you. Reluctantly, you drive out underneath hot afternoon sun, bring your sweaty body back into air-conditioned meeting room again. If you are lucky, you will have your say. Sometime we are in the meeting just for the sake of filling up the attendance sheet.

You leave your office after a heavy downpour, greets by occasional flash flood in the city. Basically the whole city just turned into a giant carpark. How if it’s still raining? Amazing view: Cars moving with hazard lights on. Back home, you are fined by your own sister, for failing to clean the floor yesterday.


Ok, most of the statements are my own true story, including the RM 10 fine!!! But of course it doesn’t sounds all that bad, really. While I know the reason and implication of every move I’ve made (generally, but not necessary that conscious every time, mind you), I failed miserably trying to connect everything in my life, so far.

Connection of everything to everything else. Things that revolves around our life. Often our life is defined by people that we know, we met, talked to, fight with, share together, walk along, or at any other moment when our path crossed. You might be in the forest or shopping center, Nepal or London, today or yesterday, anywhere, anytime but still, it’s the people around you that really matters. They made all the difference.


Don’t tell me that you can hide in the cave, stays in your rooms your apartment. While you cannot control what other people does, please don’t blindly follows, or get intimidated. Social peers are the root to many unsolvable illnesses. It’s positive to think that someone else’s is going to do it, why not you? but not everyone else seems to be doing it, why don’t you? When you saw a sign board “Do Not Litter” surrounded by rubbish of all kinds, don’t be surprised. It’s not too difficult, because all you need is the first piece of rubbish, or something looks like one. One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind. Complicated.


Again, having said all that, it doesn’t sound that bad after all. Personally I am quite optimistic since everyone is able to understand the connection, or rather the chain reaction of recent fuel hike (a whopping 30 cents!) to many other things. I’m sure they will be able to understand the connections circulated throughout their life span, their children’s, their future.
Just not yet.


I wish I could convert my thoughts into better words, but that’s all I have now. I mean at least I have some pictures, right? And sometime, I use words to decorate my pictures, just like a frame.

That’s the connection, if you insist.

P/S: Maybe I’m just too tired, too busy. This is an unusual post from me. I’ll get good rest, I’ll get back to normal. Hopefully. Cheers!!! :)

17 Comments:

At 6:36 AM, Blogger YD said...

Everyone has their low point, when everything seems to go wrong. But tomorrow is another whole new day. Do have a good rest and regain your energy. You will feel much better tomorrow.

Connections and interdependecy among human. Such a complex inter-relationship among one another. Call it a web, a matrix, or even karma. We are somehow connected to everything around us. What we do result in consequences in others, vice versa.

I believe your good karma will bring a positive environment around you. So don't despair when things don't look good now. They will sort out as we go on living.

Live every day to the fullest.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Lrong Lim said...

Ok... the pics are nice... hahahaa... rest well my friend...

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger chaupeng said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger chaupeng said...

Do you always read back what you had written? Maybe you'll realize then, this is LIFE!? ;p

I used to keep journal when I was a teenager, now I read back, wow! that's my teenage life!

No matter it's good time or it's bad time, it'll pass. So just keep writting! One day when you read back all these stuffs you wrote, it's gonna be fun! ;)

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger @ロウ 。LOW@ said...

yd...
That's beautiful, my friend. You are beautiful, in many ways. Thank you :)))

Me, bringing positive environment around me? I'm flattered! To be fair I'm not Mr. Nice-guy all the time, hehe!!! It make me sounds 'old' to say I have my own principle and way of life to keep.

I just need to move on, keep breathing, right? :p

lrong...
Arigatou, lrong-san! Yeah I still like what I SHOOT rather than what I WRITE :) I'm much better now, but BUSY still.

Damn. :p

chaupeng...
Hey! Have not seen you for a while. How's life up north? :p

I used to write letter, not journal. I remember picture, better. I have the whole story in my mind. It's not important when I finally ceased function, and I won't forget it if I am lucky to stay healthy till that final moment.

Furthermore some friends and family will carry our stories, some will not. It's about whom you met, when and how.

It's funny that we are toddler, kid and teenage for some time, but an adult for most of our life, old or young. It's a long way down the road so I'd rather confused now, than later...

Bullsh*t. Let's get back to work, haha!!!

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger HappySurfer said...

Poor Low, I know the feeling. Come let me give you a hug. **big hug**

I think you did the right thing by writing it all down. I do that too when I'm troubled and then just destroy the papers - don't have the guts like you to blog it. I read that putting negative feelings on paper (or other medium) and destroying it after that is akin to getting rid of those negative feelings. It helps.

Hope you're feeling better.

Nice meaningful pictures especially the one of the beach. Where was it taken? Nice, like pretty ornaments.

Come visit my blog for some laughs.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger The Moody Minstrel said...

It sounds like your thoughts are moving faster than your life, my friend...or is it the other way around? Maybe you should make a habit of carrying around a little memo book and jotting down your random thoughts as they happen. A lot of famous writers got their inspiration and their start that way.

This pic set has a bit different tone to it than your usual fare, but that's actually an interesting change.

Hang in there, my friend!

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger @ロウ 。LOW@ said...

happy...
Thanks for your hug, my friend! I really appreciate it :p

In many cases, we did something and felt "not a big deal afterall" later. Often we prepared our mental part first, doing it is just for justification and gained more confidence in return. That one small step counts.

I either have lotsa guts or being naive, hehe! But I like it best when it's nothing to hide. It's not possible, but one thing at a time, perhaps? :)

Oh, the beach. Surprise -- Port Dickson!!! And that's a dead crab. Else do you think she will stay still for me to take 5, 6 shots? Hehe!!!

I'm at your Engrish blog now!!! :)

Moody...
Logically, thought first. But it doesn't work that way for, say, athletes. I'm trying to tie both together. Or at least, working towards that balance :)))

I did jot down some thoughts, but yet to carry a memo everywhere for that purpose. Good idea, my friend, thanks. Worth trying even if I definitely won't be the next Clinton.

Glad that you like those pictures. I am not aware of any changes, so it's nice to know that! But again, what I take revolves around my personal experience, I grab when it comes my way.

Getting better now so thanks!!!

 
At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie =)
I'm sorry you had such a busy week, i know exactly what you mean, being busy all day long. I too find myself wondering sometimes, what's the point of this? Is this it? I mean, just work all day doing the same thing over and over every single day. I know is a necessity but sometimes i just wish i could quit everything and disappear.

But quiting wouldn't be a good choice, we've just gotta find that something to keep us going everyday, to make us wait for the beginning of a new day, and welcome it with it's goods and bads. I know it seems hard sometimes but we gotta try =)

Hope you have a nice weekend. Take care and...i'll talk to you soon.

"Relaxing" hugs =)
Caroliiina

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Pandabonium said...

Once again I came back before leaving a comment. I was thinking about the post for a while. When I came back just now, I expected to see an answer to my comment. But I hadn't left one! I just wrote one in my head. Maybe I am out of phase with things too.

Our daily routine sometimes gets disconnected from the things happening around us and in the world. Right after reading this post the first time, I heard an interview with a young guy who had been feeling down about all the things he was learning about and felt helpless to change. He did something which reminded me of you. Really.

In his case, he started arranging tours for groups of people to see sustainable living solutions in his area. He uses alternate energy vehicles to carry the people around. I thought of you and your peace activities and volunteer work.

He said doing this helped him to realize that he was not powerless and put in touch with people seeking the same answers. A quote from his organization: "Powered by Boundless Hope, daily acts is committed to reclaiming the richness of all life by providing the inspiration, tools and opportunities which empower and support people to live full lives by embracing and recreating the impact of our individual and collective daily actions as they ripple out into the world." Their website is Daily-Acts.Org

This comment is so late you are probably back "in gear" already. Sorry. Anyway, you are one of the people who takes action to make things better and help others understand.

We are all connected, and what you do does matter. Often the effect of your words or actions are not met with immediate feedback, so you just need to know that they do have an impact.

Soryy, I'm not explaining myself more clearly.

By the way, what is happening in the first photo of this post?

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger @ロウ 。LOW@ said...

Caroliiiiina...
I hope you don't feel upset about life after reading my post :p Sometime just look at those pictures, listen to songs, funny languages, etc. and life will goes on :))) I'll be fine and thank you so much for the "relaxing" hugs, they are much needed lol

I guess you are having some tough time recently, so you hang in there, ok?

"warm" hugs this time :p

pandabonium...
Thank you so much for those encouraging words, my friend. Sometime is not that I want any feedback to my words or actions, but to have some connection between them would be wonderful.

Wow, maybe you can't compare me with this Daily-Acts.Org guy, he really live up to his words? Just amazing! Maybe he has found the balance point, while I'm still searching for one. I think that would be the clear distinction between us? Thanks for the link, will certainly learn something from there!!!

Back to the first photo, we are praying in the Perumal Temple, Klang. We will touch the bowl full with Jasmine, mention our name so that the priest would pray for us. As you can see some of my friend are confuse (maybe?), some stare at the priest but the priest look straight to my Indian friend.

It's like saying hey, you are the only one looks "normal" here??? Hehe!!!

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger bonnie said...

Helloooo! Connecting from Brooklyn!

The right kind of connections are the things that make life good...

So far past my bedtime, I'm going to be good & not start philosophizing, but this post just made me want to at least say something.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger @ロウ 。LOW@ said...

bonnie!!!
That's really sweet of you, thank you! :)

Right kind of connections, huh? Like you and your kayak adventure? :p Now I wonder what happen if you kayak here on Malaysian water...

Connections. Beautiful, no matter how you look at it :)))

 
At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sometimes i wonder what my blogger friends are doing while i was having a bad time with ze bozz...

true like you said, it's the people surround us that matter the most to us. but once in a while, i wonder how other our blogger friends keeping up with the increase fuel prices.

keep on writing man. have a nice and fruitful weekend.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger HappySurfer said...

Hello Low, just dropping by to say "Hi". Hope things are going well for you.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger @ロウ 。LOW@ said...

Hi Doc!
Well pity those with family -- 30 cents is a lot. Single like me (us? :p) will still able to manage, right? Cheers!

happy...
Thanks for your concern, my dear friend. I'm back, not de*d! Opss, choi choi.... :)))

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Research: International Voluntary Service (IVS) said...

I think I am getting better at certain part of the connection thingy...but not in blogshpere, perhaps, just yet ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home