Saturday, June 03, 2006

Blessing in Disguise

I would regard May 2006 as a many ups and downs. In this month life didn’t give me breathing space, everything happen so fast it seems to take no time at all. Good things starts from a wedding dinner, few trips back to jungle, and three wonderful days at Tioman Island. Everything seemed to be going on well.

Second half of the month starts with news about a friend’s demise – fallen to dengue fever. I’d never thought it’s real (fever could actually, kill), until the lost. Then it was my colleague’s 80 years old mother, just days apart. I know it is not related, but this doesn’t sound right at all.

Last week of May – received a call from mum, grandpa has been hospitalized. Next day, confirmed liver cancer. They finally decided to let grandpa went under-knife, that he will live longer without that liver, so claimed. He never recovers from the operation.


I remember how I tried to capture him during sis’s wedding but failed. He seemed to be rather active. Even when he sat down, I didn’t get the right focus. Maybe there are just too many people in my house at that time. I remember later at night I had the urge and decided to grab him firmly, post for a shot.


If that’s the last photo of me and grandpa, so be it. That’s exactly what I am talking about in earlier post. To have someone like them in your own wedding is truly a blessing in disguise.


Sometime I saw rain coming my way, passing by, right in front, just behind. I could almost smell it. You may want some surprises once a while but just nothing like last month. Now, slowly I am recovering from his funeral held last weekend. No so easy for grandma, definitely.

We will have to think about that, all 60 children, grandchildren and great grandchildren combined.

9 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Blogger YD said...

My dear friend, my condolence to you and your family. 请节哀顺便. 缘起缘灭, 生生死死, 难以控制在我们的手中. 身为子孙的我们, 只能尽一份孝心, 孝养父母公婆.

我能了解那失去朋友的痛楚. 曾经, 我的一位好朋友, 好室友,也是因骨痛热症而去世的. 世事难料, 能做的,就是珍惜此时此刻, 惜缘, 惜福.

深深地祝福你, 我的朋友. 请坚强.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Lrong Lim said...

My condolences to you, my friend... I hope fond memories of your grandpa will linger on and on...

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger HappySurfer said...

Dear Low, I am so so sorry to hear about your grand-dad. May he rest in peace.

So sorry too about your friend and your colleague's mom.

Take care, my friend.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger @ロウ 。LOW@ said...

端...
谢谢了,妳的关怀,妳的祝福。其实现在我最需要的是朋友拍拍肩膀,说去看场好戏吧?或爬(山)个过瘾去看日出?自己的日子还得自己过吧...

I believe I was lucky because I had my grandpa for 27 years. I believe we don't lost, and start feeling amiss.

It's time like these you learn to live again.

lrong...
Thank you my friend...yeah, it is here to stay :)

Happy...
Too many "sorry" I'm afraid? Hehe! I would want to participate all the funerals. I just can't say sorry for many times.

But thank you, my friend! :)

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger The Moody Minstrel said...

My condolences to you and your family. Having friends die on top of a relative makes it even worse. Hopefully this dark valley you're in right now isn't a very long one.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Pandabonium said...

"It's time like these you learn to live again."

That is so true, Low. Change is suffering but we can, like you, gain a deeper understanding from it and live life in gratitude. Sorry you had such losses all in one month.

 
At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear friend, i was so sorry to find out about your grandpa but i guess things happen for a reason, we should just not let it discourage us and try to move on and embrace the lil time we've been given here.

Many hugs for you and take care.
Love
Caroliiiiina

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger @ロウ 。LOW@ said...

pandabonium...
Gain some, loose some? My suffering is nothing compare to those of grandma. But we will be fine, we all should. Life has to go on...Anyway thank you!

Caroliiiina...
Thanks for your hugs, I really need them :) Let's just say that I am fine now, and I will take care :)))

hugs...

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger S said...

so sorry to hear about your losses :( I hope their kind souls rest in peace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home