Wednesday, November 08, 2006

OUR Postcrossing Project – Nagarkot, Nepal

…Resham phiriri, Resham phiriri,

Udera jaau ki daandaamaa bhanjyang

Resham phiriri…

We were singing the popular Nepalese folk song while wander about beautiful Nagarkot landscape, trying to catch a glimpse of Himalayan Mountain range from different angles. It’s October, autumn in Nepal and it worries us because rain start pouring Bhaktapur the night before we were here. It’s well past raining season.

Rajan and I start talking about my visit to Nepal ever since I met him in 2005. Of course I requested him to send me a postcard, and said I’ll be there, sometime, somehow. He sent two – one being famous Peacock Window at Bhaktapur Durbar Square and the other, the view of Himalayan Mountain range from 2175m a.s.l. Nagarkot peak, eastern periphery of Kathmandu Valley. I told Rajan, Okay, I will be in that postcard! We shall do Nagarkot when I am there.

Knowingly, our late diesel-kerosene-powered bus journey means we will miss the sunset, and some said the rain will cost us the beautiful sunrise next morning. Well if it rains long enough! But after a year long of talking, discussing, and then planning right before my flight to Nepal: I know this is the bus I wouldn’t want to miss. I mean both of us!

And so an hour later and after few cups of home-made Nepali Lemon-wine, we took this picture: Me (left), Hari-Harimau, Sacchi, Hedvika and Rajan. I was holding THAT postcard and we were quite sure we will have that sunrise, first thing tomorrow.


By the time we woke up, like the eagles, we have the view!


Rajan said you don’t say THANK YOU to your friend, and not to him. I hope Dhanyabad doesn’t count as one. It's simply more than that :)

Namaste! More later, then.

7 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Pandabonium said...

Wow! You ARE in the postcard now. What is lemon wine like? Take care.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger The Moody Minstrel said...

Wow...what's it like being on the top of the world?

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger HappySurfer said...

Wow! Yeah, what's it like? What time was that picture taken?

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger @ロウ 。LOW@ said...

pandabonium...
Well, not exactly NOW :p Those in the mineral bottle, more like liquor to me! Very strong but helps alot when it's cool :)

moody...
I SEE the peak from far, never meant to be ON it. That's the whole idea, haha!

happy...
It must be 6.30, 7 am? Funny I didn't really look at my cell or Palm. We have little time, though: Couple minutes of sunrise, running around taking photos, chat drinking a cup of Nepali milked-tea oversee the mountain view, then breakfast, packed and leave.

By the way I do not have a watch :p

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Zach Reza said...

Wow, you're already there, but coming back for sure on the 18th right? ;)

can't wait to hear more about your adventure in Nepal when we meet soon.

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger PinkPanther said...

Wow...wow...wow...I am merely follow the above three commentators’, so give triple “WOW”to you. How do you like the Nepal local customs and practices?

Enjoy your trip.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger @ロウ 。LOW@ said...

zack..
Hi there! I'm already in KL so I will be there for sure! I hope I have time to tell tale while busy with that BBQ thingy :p

It will be such a special day (house warming + Raya Open House + Aresha's birthday + our reunion after 6 months? Hehe!) so congratulation again!

Pink...panther...
You know, I've always love that cartoon character...:) Ok, back to your triple "wow" I guess I can get few more myself when I land in Macau next year! :p

I can't say I truely understand Nepali's local customs and practices -- it's just what I've experienced. Later post, I should say :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home